Tuesday, January 23, 2007

more of the baby, a guest arriving to travel!

Mom, dad and baby are doing absolutely fabulously! Lila is such a sweetie and surrounded by so much love and warmth here. I got to cuddle up with her on the bed today while mama took a sitz bath and it was so lovely! The whole family is totally in love with her and I've already been invited back for their next baby : ) I came today for a postpartum lunch and was treated to a fabulous vegetarian meal made by the infamous cook at Sadek's parents, including a delectable vegetarian couscous with chickpeas, winter squash, raisins, onions and more. Yum! They are calling me the birth fairy-- in French it sounds very glamourous!

Crazy news! My old dear friend, Christine Grazziano, that I met in Tucson, AZ 13 years ago and had some of my first conversations about wanting to be a midwife with, is flying to Casablanca this week to go traveling with me for 10 days! It is a crazy story much in line with how this whole adventure has unfolded! She is arriving Thursday morning and we'll set off for traveling on Friday. More on that soon. I only have a few minutes and wanted to send this update!

The blogger website isn't letting me put up more photos right now-- bummer! I have some great ones. I'll try again tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How thrilling and awe-inspiring... I'm so happy to be reading about this special family and special arrival. They are lucky to have you, Christy, and we're lucky to be hearing your story, told so vividly and eloquently. Deep gratitude... I'll be going to bed with my little five-month-old with a sweet smile on my face. Congratulations to the family. xoxo Shannon